About Me

I'm a newbie minimalist who loves art, design, fashion and shopping. On my blog I journal my efforts to break away from consumerism and into contentment while still being me.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

On the efficiency of kitchen gadgets

Recently I was trying to prepare dinner in my in-law's kitchen. My in-laws own a lot of kitchen gadgets and gizmos meant to make cooking easier, such as onion slicers, banana slicers, tons of tupperware, etc. While I was preparing ingredients, I sent my husband on a quest to find the slow cooker. He had to search through cabinets, taking out all their contents, to unearth the slow cooker. Then he had to replace the items in the cabinet. It seriously took him five whole minutes.

"You know," my husband said, "Maybe these things save a little time in cooking food, but I bet they spend way more time just looking for them and digging them out of the cabinets!"

That is minimalist thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I read them all!