About Me

I'm a newbie minimalist who loves art, design, fashion and shopping. On my blog I journal my efforts to break away from consumerism and into contentment while still being me.

Thursday, December 26, 2013

The post-holiday stuff purge


I just returned from my parents' house for the holidays, and so far my husband and I have received mostly useful, consumable, or small gifts. A minimalist win! However, we still haven't visited my mother-in-law, who tends to shower me with more cosmetics, body lotions, shower gels and perfumes than I can possibly use up every year. Several months ago I gathered up a whole bunch of them and donated them to a homeless shelter.

I feel another decluttering urge coming on, to make room for these new things we've received. Do you ever need to go on a stuff purge after the holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I read them all!