About Me

I'm a newbie minimalist who loves art, design, fashion and shopping. On my blog I journal my efforts to break away from consumerism and into contentment while still being me.

Friday, December 20, 2013

I Enjoy Christmas

So many articles these days are about how to slow down and enjoy the holidays, how to have a stress-free holiday. Recently I blogger whose posts I enjoy wrote, "I still feel that we all struggle to truly enjoy Christmas."

Nope.

I am not a busy person. Life brings me occasional busy periods, like anyone else, but they're the exception rather than the rule. I dislike busyness, and I love Christmas! Here's how I've been preparing for Christmas this month:

  • Make a list of gifts for friends and family
  • Purchase and wrap said gifts
  • Mail gifts and cards
  • Bake snickerdoodles
  • Mail snickerdoodles to lucky friends
  • Set up nativity scene

It wasn't hard, it wasn't stressful. It was enjoyable.

I realize that some people struggle during Christmas because of finances, or because they have to spend time difficult family members. But for the most part, I don't understand why people stress out about Christmas so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I read them all!